Saturday, December 27, 2008

We moved!

Hello to all,
I finally have a moment to try to catch you up on all the happenings. We have moved in officially (furniture and everything) to Monterey, CA. It was not a smooth move. We had the movers pack up our stuff on 12/4, we left for Kansas City on the 5th and stayed a few days with my parents. Kaidyn and I flew out to Monterey ahead of Max because we had originally been told that to get a house I would have to be physically present to sign the lease. (We found out later that we could get a prelease for up to 30 days!) Then we thought by getting out here early we could get our furniture early....we were horribly wrong. We weren't able to get our furniture until the 21st. Once we got our furniture, we unpacked vigilantly so we could try to have somewhat of a Christmas for Kaidyn.

We were supposed to get our furniture early so we could unpack, visit Aunt Mary and Uncle Al for a few days and then visit with Max's brother in Nevada. I managed to develop a horrible cough around move time and managed to bruise a rib or tear a muscle with a coughing fit. Being pregnant I couldn't get anything to really help the pain or ease the cough, so an ultrasound and bed rest was pretty much it. The ultrasound confirmed that I wasn't having gallbladder problems and bed rest on an air mattress.....I don't even have a nice comment about that.

While my Dad was out here we managed to view the area and visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium before he had to fly back to Kansas City.



(This is Bapa trying to convince Kaidyn that the water isn't that terrifying....this was right after a wave made Bapa fall down and get wet.)












(These are a few pictures from the Aquarium.)




(Kaidyn putting the star on the tree. Kaidyn enjoying the first pile of presents on Christmas morning.)




Grandma Judy and Papa Mike are here for a week and we get to enjoy more of Monterey with them. Not to mention they brought TONS of gifts for Kaidyn and absolutely spoiled her!


(The second pile of Christmas presents)




I will try to update the blog with more pictures after their visit, but until then....Have a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad things finally worked out and you were able to get settled and have a decent Christmas! I hope you are feeling better!