Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's Going to be a Boy!!!

We found out this week that we are going to have a baby boy. We are still going around and around with his poor name; we are not sure about the spelling or middle name order. So as far as today is concerned, his name might be: Kilian Austin Max. Austin and Max are family names and Kilian is Irish/Gaelic.

The morning sickness is at least lessening. I've finally started to gain a little weight! Maybe I won't get yelled at during the next appointment. :) After the ultrasound on Kilian I am not as concerned with my slow weight gain anymore. His growth puts him a week older than he actually is!!! I'm at 19 weeks right now, so the ultrasound says he is the size of a 20 week old. Max laughed and told me I was going to have a 9lb baby! I didn't find that funny, since Kaidyn was 8 lbs!!! There just isn't enough room!!!


Kaidyn is getting ready for Halloween, she points out pumpkins wherever we go. We got two pumpkins a week ago, but after gutting and carving them it was just too warm for them to last. Since it is now in the low 60s we will try again next weekend. The local zoo is having a thing on Halloween for children, so we will do our trick or treating there. Kaidyn is really excited about wearing her Skunk costume. I'm just glad the weather got colder....I made it out of fleece so it was going to be way too hot for any weather over 65 degrees!!! I'm still used to weather in Missouri I guess.


In two weeks I get to fly out to Monterey, CA to check out the area we will be moving too. We are going to try to get military housing since we will only be there for about 18 months....long enough for Max to get his degree and then have the Navy send us to his next station. It's short, however it'll be great for him to be home that whole time. :)

Other than that, not much else to update everyone about. Have a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boys are fun! Or so I think, with my experience of having...well...only one...but still, he's fun! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better too.

Our zoo has a big Halloween thing too. We're going to it next Saturday. I hope it cools down here. It's in the 90's again today.

Can't wait to see the pictures of Kaidyn in her skunk costume!! We're still vacillating between decorating a box and calling it a WALL-E costume, or using an inherited lion costume from Matt's older sister.